If “quick and easy” is your jam, you definitely need to add sheet pan dinners to your repertoire. Cooking meat and veggies side by side on a single pan means less time, less stress, and less cleanup.
This recipe is modified from The Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook by Maya Krampf. Her cookbook is filled with lots of gorgeous photos and recipes for those of you on a Keto diet.
If you look at Amazon, she has a 5-star review from everyone who purchased her book. Since Keto is typically high fat, I modified this recipe to be lower in calories and fat.
Simply swapping the Kielbasa for turkey kielbasa and using less (I used a whole package), I was able to easily make it work.
[Keto Recipes] Low-carb Kielbasa Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner
Kielbasa Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner is made with turkey kielbasa, asparagus, tomatoes and bell peppers cooked all on one pan, easy cleanup! It’s also Keto, Whole30, Low Carb and Gluten-free.
14 ounces turkey kielbasa, cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices
1 pound asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces (3 cups)
1 1/2 cups 8 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
1 large orange bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces (1 1⁄2 cups)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a 20 × 14-inch baking sheet or two 14 × 10-inch pans with foil and grease well.
- Arrange the kielbasa in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes, until it starts to brown on the bottom.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together the veggies.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, sea salt, Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper. Pour over the veggies and toss to coat.
- When the kielbasa is done, remove the pan from the oven but leave it on. Flip the kielbasa pieces over and move them to one side of the pan, leaving space for the veggies.
- Arrange the veggies in a single layer on the other side of the extra-large pan, or on the second pan if using two pans.
- Roast for 18 to 20 minutes, until the veggies are tender and the kielbasa is further browned.