Blending this vinaigrette in a food processor allows all of the ingredients to disperse most evenly. While the dressing may be whisked by hand instead, the flavors will not be as pronounced.
- 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 (12-14-inch) English cucumber, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 fresh peaches, cut into 1-inch chunks
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Zest of one lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
1 Prep the vegetables: Add the chopped peaches and cucumbers to a large bowl.
2 Make the vinaigrette: In the bowl or a mini food processor or blender, combine the oil, vinegar, lime zest and juice, honey, basil, salt and pepper. Pulse until the basil is finely chopped and the vinaigrette is completely emulsified.
3 Dress the produce: Pour the vinaigrette over the peach and cucumber mixture. Stir to coat evenly.
4 Serve: Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with torn basil leaves and serve immediately.