This recipe for Amish Macaroni Salad is so good. I can eat this pasta salad for breakfast! We hope it becomes one of your family favorites, too. A wonderful dish for any gathering, picnic, holiday or just make it anytime.
- 1 16 ounce box medium macaroni, uncooked
- 5 eggs hard-boiled and chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
- 1 2 ounce jar pimentos drained
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- In a large bowl mix macaroni, eggs, onion, pimentos, celery, green pepper, and relish. In another bowl mix garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, celery seed, mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, mustard, and vinegar.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the macaroni and mix well. Can sprinkle with more paprika. Chill in refrigerator several hours or overnight. This makes about 12 cups and keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.
Notes; If macaroni salad gets dry after a day or so add more mayo, you could also add tuna, chicken or ham to this recipe.