A friend recently asked if you can make turkey breast in the air fryer, so of course I ran out to the store, and looked for a small enough breast that would fit in the basket. It wasn’t hard to find, this was made with a 4 pound bone-in breast which was pretty average in size.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, a 4 to 5-pound breast should fit fine in a 5 quart or larger air fryer. Just be sure the height of the meat is below the top of the basket before you start.
- Time will vary depending on the size of your breast, to be sure it’s cooked perfectly I recommend using an instant-read thermometer to test the internal temperature.
- If your breast is frozen, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator.
HOW TO CARVE A TURKEY BREAST
- Allow the cooked breast to rest on a carving board for at least 15 minutes under foil loosely tented to allow the juices to redistribute.
- With a large sharp knife, run the knife along the side of the breast bone using long even strokes. If you are using a serrated knife use a sawing motion.
- Follow the bone all the way toward the bottom of the board.
- Bring your knife around to the front and connect where you started carving at the top of the breast bone.
- Cut down the ribs. Follow it around and down to the bottom to connect to the bottom of the first breast bone cut.
- Pull the meat away from the bone and slice. Repeat the same on the other
[Keto Recipes] Air Fryer Turkey BreastCourse: Recipe
Air Fryer Turkey Breast comes out so moist and juicy and perfectly cooked with a beautiful deep golden brown skin. And bonus, it cooks in a fraction of the time it would in the oven!
4-pound turkey breast, on the bone with skin (ribs removed)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher
1/2 tablespoon dry turkey or poultry seasoning, I used Bell’s which has not salt
- Rub 1/2 tablespoon of oil all over the turkey breast. Season both sides with salt and turkey seasoning then rub in the remaining half tablespoon of oil over the skin side.
- Preheat the air fryer 350F and cook skin side down 20 minutes, turn over and cook until the internal temperature is 160F using an instant-read thermometer about 30 to 40 minutes more depending on the size of your breast. Let is rest 10 minutes before carving.
10 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories226
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.5g 13%
- Cholesterol 84mg 29%
- Sodium 296mg 13%
- Protein 32.5g 65%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.